Labels

acrylic (74) celebrity (35) charcoal (11) charity (4) craft (4) dogs (23) ebay (1) graphite (24) illustration (5) landscapes (8) oil (3) pet portraiture (28) portraiture (60) signage (5) sketch (10) still life (3) video (1) vintage (10) watercolor (3)

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Presidents..... Unveiled


My work for UpperDeck has ended with regards to this project. I completed 220 of these presidential portraits in a period of 4 months - A NEW RECORD BY FAR! The scale of these baseball cards was obviously a major challenge. It wasn't always fun staying holed up in my studio from sun up till sun down, all the while looking like Rick Moranis from "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" with coke-bottle magnifiers and head lamps on display. I used Liquitex Basics and Golden Heavy Body paints along with Golden Acrylic Glazing Liquid (Satin). Enjoy all 22 presidents in the next many posts - Jared

No comments: