Labels

acrylic (74) celebrity (35) charcoal (11) charity (4) craft (4) dogs (23) ebay (1) graphite (24) illustration (5) landscapes (8) oil (3) pet portraiture (28) portraiture (60) signage (5) sketch (10) still life (3) video (1) vintage (10) watercolor (3)

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"Big Gulp" Credit Card Art

Big Gulp, acrylic on credit card, approx. 2.5x3.5", SOLD
This is the second piece in my experimental credit card venture. I thought that large soda was great for the subject matter since credit cards are used for everything including $2 fast food purchases. I think that I heard the average college grad has $7,000 in credit card debt. It makes me sick to think that our society could potentially fall to its knees if a major credit disaster happened. My sister took the photo that inspired me to paint this. (check it out here). I can't wait to goof off with more of these commodity themed paintings. Give it a shot yourself and send me a pic. You can use those phony AMEX cards that come in the mail. Chao! - Jared

No comments: