Labels

acrylic (74) celebrity (35) charcoal (11) charity (4) craft (4) dogs (23) ebay (1) graphite (24) illustration (5) landscapes (8) oil (3) pet portraiture (28) portraiture (60) signage (5) sketch (10) still life (3) video (1) vintage (10) watercolor (3)

Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Ladies Man

Long Walks on the Beach, acrylic on board, 6x6", 2010 SOLD

This is the first of the pet portraits which I started after several portrait commissions of individuals. It was a great way to wind down and recapture my creative juices. Because this was the first in the series of animal paintings, I used mainly the left over colors on my palette from the last portrait commission of Obama. (I guess you could say I "spread the 'pigment' wealth around" from one painting to the next)

This little guy looked like a stud posting a profile pic on some doggie dating site. I could easily imagine the cliched line "I like long walks on the beach" being listed in his "likes" box. The more I think about it there were probably other likes listed which didn't help in the dating quest for this little fellow, such as "I like to pee on tires" and "I eat my poop".

Nonetheless, I really dig this painting. What say you? - Jared

1 comment:

Diary of a Madd Weekly Painter said...

Boston T's are the coolest dogs out there! And you really captured this one. Love it.